Website Sigma Consulting Group
Sigma Consulting Group is a Recruitment company specialized in HR Staffing & Consulting, Sales and Marketing, Strategy & Consulting, Finance & Accounting services in Africa; our client a World class Medical Service Provider located in Lagos requires the services of a Opthalmic nurse
The successful candidate will work under the direction and supervision of ophthalmologists, who diagnose and treat patients with disorders and diseases of the eye.The nurse provides care for patients before eye surgery, takes medical histories, and provides care to patients recovering from treatment.Also He/She will educate patients and their families on the care and home treatment of eye disorders and diseases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient care, which may include administering medication, performing procedures, and monitoring patient status in accordance with approved nursing practice.
- Provide pre and post-operative care to patients
- Provides appropriate counsel and education to patient/family regarding disease process and symptom management.
- Educate patients and their families on the care and home treatment of eye disorders and diseases
- Maintains medical records requiring appropriate and timely recording of patient information
- Consults with Doctors as required to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Assists with examinations, procedures, prescription refills, and other processes related to patient care.
- Actively share ideas in a constructive and positive manner by listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others.
- Keep commitments and keep direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues.
- Advocate and assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable.
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations
- Protects confidentiality of patient’s Personal Health Information
- Utilizes time and resources effectively to promote quality and cost outcomes
- Assures accuracy of patient charges and directs patients appropriately with billing-related issues or pre-certification needs.
- Follows work attendance policies; maintains consistent attendance with no unexcused absence
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 2 years working experience as an ophthalmic nurse
- Must have the relevant certification for an ophthalmic nurse
- Must have good communication skills to explain procedures and treatments to patients and their families
- Must be knowledgeable about surgical procedures, pre-operative care, patient assessment and postoperative treatment
- Must be caring, patient and compassionate when treating patients.
- Must have organizational skills to meet the needs of multiple patients.
To apply for this job please visit sigmacg.co.