Website Sigma Consulting Group
Sigma Consulting Group is a Recruitment company specialized in HR Staffing & Consulting, Sales and Marketing, Strategy & Consulting, Finance & Accounting services in Africa; our client a renowned medical service provider located in Lagos requires the services of a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (MEDICAL)
As a Business Development Manager you will sell your company’s services , which include medical services to a variety of customers including GPs, hospital doctors, Primary health care centres . You will work strategically to increase the awareness and use of your company’s medical service . As part of your role you will have to meet sales targets and will answer queries and provide advice on the products you sell. You may also have to make presentations and organize group events for healthcare professionals, as well as working with contacts on a one-to-one basis.
- Arrange appointments with doctors, pharmacists and hospital medical teams, which may include pre-arranged appointments or regular ‘cold’ calling
- Make presentations to doctors, practice staff and nurses in GP surgeries, hospital doctors and pharmacists in the retail sector
- Organize conferences for doctors and other medical staff
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with medical staff and support administrative staff
- Manage budgets for catering, outside speakers, conferences and hospitality
- Keep detailed records of all contacts
- Win new customers, as well as develop long-term relationships with existing ones
- Meet and, if possible, exceed sales targets, regularly monitoring your business plans to make sure you achieve this
- Plan work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables with the area sales team or discuss future targets with the area sales manager
- Regularly attend company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings
- Keep up to date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpret, present and discuss this data with health professionals during presentations
- Analyze sales data to improve results and make sure resources are effectively allocated
- Monitor competitor activity and competitors’ products
- Keep up to date with new developments in the NHIS, anticipate potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapt strategy accordingly
- Develop strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector
- Stay informed about the activities of health services in a particular area.
- Commercial awareness
- Sales skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Sound Negotiation Skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field is preferred.
- Proven medical sales experience.
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology and legislation.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent organizational and consultative sales skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
To apply for this job please visit sigmacg.co.